IaaS Leader Offers Industry’s Fastest, Safest Windows Server 2016 Implementation
LOS ANGELES (April 12, 2018) – In a milestone next-gen update, cloud hosting leader Infinitely Virtual today announced support for Windows Server 2016, Microsoft’s cloud-ready operating system that delivers new layers of security for popular cloud applications and infrastructure.
“To keep our promise to provide the world’s most advanced hosting environment, modernization is a constant at Infinitely Virtual, and our full support for Windows Server 2016 is part of that commitment,” said Adam Stern, founder and CEO, Infinitely Virtual. “We believe it is incumbent on us to ensure that users benefit from the most effective solutions on the market.
“Our implementation of Windows Server 2016 stands as the industry’s fastest and safest,” Stern said. “As with all of our Windows Cloud Servers, Windows Server 2016 is 100 percent protected, 100 percent secure and comes with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.”
Windows Server 2016, part of the Windows NT family of operating systems, is the successor to Windows Server 2012 and was developed in tandem with Windows 10. Infinitely Virtual customers have the option to stay with the current iteration of the Microsoft OS, although most users are likely to migrate over time, according to Stern.
Windows Server 2016 delivers a seamless Microsoft experience from beginning to end, bridging familiar technologies such as Active Directory and virtualization with modern infrastructure concepts, like containerization, federated services, and cloud-based services. Among the notable new features:
- Active Directory Federation Services: AD FS may now be configured to authenticate users stored in non-AD directories, such as X.500 compliant Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directories and SQL databases.
- Windows Defender: Windows Server Anti-malware is installed and enabled by default without the GUI, which is an installable Windows feature.
- Remote Desktop Services: Support for OpenGL 4.4 and OpenCL 1.1, performance and stability improvements; MultiPoint Services role
- Storage Services: Central Storage QoS Policies; Storage Replicas (storage-agnostic, block-level, volume-based, synchronous and asynchronous replication using SMB3 between servers for disaster recovery). Storage Replica replicates blocks instead of files; files can be in use. It periodically replicates snapshots, and the replication direction can be changed.
- Failover Clustering: Cluster operating system rolling upgrade, Storage Replicas
- Web Application Proxy: Pre-authentication for HTTP Basic application publishing, wildcard domain publishing of applications, HTTP to HTTPS redirection, propagation of client IP address to backend applications
- IIS 10: Support for HTTP/2
- Windows PowerShell 5.1
- Windows Server Containers
Infinitely Virtual’s premium Windows Cloud Server plans include all the benefits of a dedicated server without the cost of physical hardware. Customers can obtain the highest performance, with up to 256 GB dedicated virtual RAM, 32 cores, and a choice of up to four tiers of disk: all flash, flash-enabled, SAS or SATA. All plans are infinitely scalable. Customers have a choice between hosting their servers in Los Angeles or Boston. For users seeking multi-user support or virtual desktop hosting, Office Virtualization plans are available.
Infinitely Virtual offers the only Windows Cloud Server with free onsite and offsite backup using Application-Consistent Snapshot technology. Users receive total data protection with six daily and four weekly onsite backups, and all data is replicated offsite throughout the day. With Application-Consistent Snapshots, entire servers or individual files can be restored in minutes in a consistent state; database and disk transactions are complete, with no data corruption.
The company also offers the only Windows Cloud Server with free Perimeter Intrusion Detection & Prevention and Perimeter Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware. Every network transaction is inspected by unique perimeter devices, blocking known attacks and CVEs. Viruses and malware transmitted over unencrypted connections are blocked before they reach the server. Customers who want the ability to manage their own firewall appliance may do so via Infinitely Virtual’s optional Self-Managed vShield-based Firewall.
Infinitely Virtual’s proprietary Enterprise Virtualization Environment (E.V.E.)TM achieves 100 percent uptime. Every server is protected by VMware HA Clustering, SAN Clustering and a “redundant everything” architecture. The company ensures the fastest possible performance with dynamic host load balancing and dynamic storage load balancing.
For additional information, visit www.infinitelyvirtual.com.
About Infinitely Virtual: The World’s Most Advanced Hosting Environment.
Infinitely Virtual is a leading provider of high quality and affordable Cloud Server technology, capable of delivering services to any type of business, via terminal servers, SharePoint servers and SQL servers – all based on Cloud Servers. Named to the Talkin’ Cloud 100 as one of the industry’s premier hosting providers, Infinitely Virtual has earned the highest rating of “Enterprise-Ready™” in Skyhigh Networks’ CloudTrust™ Program for four of its offerings — Cloud Server Hosting, InfiniteVault, InfiniteProtect and Virtual Terminal Server. The company recently took the #1 spot in HostReview’s Ranking of VPS hosting providers. Infinitely Virtual was established as a subsidiary of Altay Corporation, and through this partnership, the company provides customers with expert 24×7 technical support. More information about Infinitely Virtual can be found at: http://www.infinitelyvirtual.com, @iv_cloudhosting, or call 866-257-8455.
Edge Communications, Inc.