Infinitely Virtual Announces Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Providing Cloud-Ready Hosting with Mission-Critical Level Data Protection
MS SQL Server 2012 Improves Data Query, Adds ‘Always On’ Reliability, More Custom Programming Features
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (May 7, 2012) – Infinitely Virtual, a leading provider of virtual server cloud computing services for businesses, today announced it has added Microsoft’s SQL Server 2012 to its menu of servers from which customers can choose to meet their specific business needs.
In the first major upgrade since 2008, MS SQL Server 2012 introduces “Always On” data protection, and provides more rapid query performance and faster data discovery, among other key enhancements.
“Our customers are increasing their investments in the cloud and upgrades such as Microsoft SQL Server 2012 help us give them the most advanced hosting capability, with the latest enhancements in data management, business intelligence and protection,” said Adam Stern, founder and CEO, Infinitely Virtual.
“Microsoft has made impressive upgrades to its SQL Server and recognizes cloud computing requires the most secure data, at the same time that businesses want greater flexibility in how they share data across an enterprise,” Stern said. “Infinitely Virtual customers have the best of both services now — advanced server capability combined with our scalable hosting services and our intrusion detection and prevention system that provides the best security on the market today.”
Among the key features of SQL 2012:
- Always On: A new data recovery feature involving creating and configuring “availability groups” made up of databases. The groups function as a single unit, and have primary and secondary “replicas,” should the original unit fail. Customers get faster recovery time as a result.
- Faster Query Processing: The new data warehouse query acceleration feature is based on a new type of index called an xVelocity memory optimized columnstore. This new index, combined with enhanced query processing features, improves data warehouse query performance by hundreds to thousands of times, in some cases. It routinely delivers a tenfold speedup for a broad range of decision support queries.
- Programmability Enhancements: Upgrades in the Database Engine include FileTables, statistical semantic search, property-scoped full-text search and customizable proximity search, ad-hoc query paging, circular arc segment support for spatial types, support for sequence objects, default support for 15,000 partitions, and numerous improvements and additions to Transact-SQL.
- Rapid Data Discovery: Microsoft’s PowerView provides highly interactive, browser-based data exploration, visualization and presentation. Users can access and combine data from any source to create reports or analysis, and collaborate and share ideas and information using Microsoft’s PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Self-Service Business Intelligence: Microsoft’s BI Semantic Model enables across-the-organization sharing of business intelligence via IT dashboards, SharePoint integration, SQL Azure reporting, and customizable alerts about relevant data changes.
- Credible, Consistent Data: Microsoft’s Data Quality Services (DQS) is built into SQL Server 2012. DQS profiles, cleanses and matches data to improve data quality. SQL 2012 also has new tools in Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate, manage and cleanse disparate data sources.
About Infinitely Virtual
Infinitely Virtual is a leading provider of high quality and affordable virtual server technology, capable of delivering services to any type of business, via terminal servers, SharePoint servers and SQL servers – all based on Virtual Dedicated Servers. The company was established as a subsidiary of Altay Corporation, and through this partnership, Infinitely Virtual provides customers with expert 24×7 technical support. With an innovative approach to virtualization – one that includes reliance on its IaaS and SaaS tools for its own operation — Infinitely Virtual provides aggressively priced options that competitors simply cannot meet. More information about Infinitely Virtual can be found at: http://www.infinitelyvirtual.com or call 866-257-8455.
# # #
Edge Communications, Inc.